Hike in Vietnam: On the trail of rare tea varieties
Hiking through Vietnam's scenic mountain landscapes in search of rare and unique teas is an unforgettable experience that reveals both the beauty of nature and the depth of Vietnamese tea culture. Let us describe one such trek and explore the fascinating tea varieties found in these regions.
Starting point: The Moc Chau plateaus
- Our hike begins in the Moc Chau plateaus, a region known for its extensive tea plantations and ideal climate for tea growing. Here you can observe the careful care of the tea plants and enjoy the fresh, clean air that contributes to the quality of the tea.
Onward journey: Yen Bai and old tea bushes
- The next stop takes us to Yen Bai, an area where some of the oldest tea trees in Vietnam can be found. These ancient trees produce rare tea varieties such as Shan Tuyet, a tea known for its large-leaf appearance and deep, rich aroma.
Discovery in Suoi Giang
- In Suoi Giang, another fascinating region, we encounter even more ancient tea bushes. The tea harvested here is characterized by its unique sweetness and slightly floral aroma. Hiking through these ancient tea groves is like traveling back in time to tea growing past.
Highlight in Thai Nguyen
- Our hike reaches its climax in Thai Nguyen, one of the most famous tea-growing regions in Vietnam. The Tan Cuong tea produced here is known throughout Vietnam for its fresh, vibrant aroma and subtle taste.
Tea processing experience
- During the hike we will also have the opportunity to witness the traditional processing methods, from harvesting to the oxidation and drying of the leaves. These ancient techniques contribute significantly to the uniqueness of each tea.
Completion of the hike: tea tastings
- The hike concludes with a series of tea tastings where we can experience the different aromas and flavors of the types of tea we discovered. These tastings offer a deep insight into the complexity and diversity of Vietnamese tea.
Such a hike is not only a journey of discovery into the world of tea, but also an immersive experience in the breathtaking natural beauty of Vietnam. It reveals the care, tradition and passion that goes into cultivating these rare tea varieties and provides a deeper understanding of the country's rich tea culture.
Tea cultivation – from the field to the cupTea cultivation is a meticulous process that requires a combination of traditional methods and modern agricultural technology from sowing to harvest. In countries like Vietnam, where tea has been cultivated for centuries, tea growing techniques are deeply rooted in the culture. VIET-TEE.de sources teas from farmers who honor these ancient practices to produce teas of the highest quality.
Organic teas – more than just a trend?Organic teas are not just a modern trend, but represent a commitment to health and the environment. They are grown without chemical fertilizers or pesticides, which not only benefits the end user but also nature. VIET-TEE.de offers a selection of organic teas that are valued not only for their purity, but also for their contribution to sustainable cultivation methods and fair working conditions.
Green tea daily dosage – how much is ideal?The daily dose of green tea can vary, but the general recommendation is to drink three to five cups throughout the day. This amount provides enough polyphenols and antioxidants to reap the health benefits without the risk of side effects from too much caffeine. The quality of the tea plays a role, and high-quality green tea like that from VIET-TEE.de can help to optimize the daily dose.